Enjoy VIVA's extensive network of international roaming partners to keep in touch with your friends, family and colleagues while traveling abroad. Take the opportunity to make and receive calls, SMS, and use VIVA services in up to 170 countries with more than 400 roaming partners – plus broadband data service in over 115 countries.
To maximize your roaming experiences, VIVA also has agreements global satellite networks, international airspace network for in-flight roaming, and international water networks for maritime roaming.
The following rates are applicable for VIVA customers while traveling abroad:
VIVA calling services in up to 170 countries with more than 400 roaming partners.
|Call Type||GCC||MENA||Europe||America||Asia||ROW||Satellite ,Cruise ship and In-flight roaming|
|Call to same country||0.079||0.300||0.500||0.500||0.500||1.000||1.200|
|Call to Kuwait||0.189||0.650||1.250||0.900||1.000||1.200||1.200|
|Call to GCC||0.189||0.900||1.250||0.900||1.000||1.000||1.200|
|Rest of the world||0.900||0.900||1.250||0.900||1.000||1.000||1.200|
|GPRS / 10KB||0.06||0.06||0.06||0.06||0.06||0.06||0.100|
- Your plan you use in Kuwait and your package subscriptions will not be valid while you are abroad. You will be charged under above Plan when you are abroad.
- Calls made and received while outside Kuwait are charged every 60 seconds for Post-Paid and Pre-Paid lines. The table shows the minute prices.
- Charges for making/receiving calls apply to all directions.
- SMS you receive while abroad will not be charged.
- The prices include any applicable taxes and surcharges applied by overseas operators.
- It takes some time to receive the billing information from the foreign operators and therefore these charges may be reflected in your invoices at a later time.
- Coverage area outside Kuwait can change depending on the local and geographical coverage of the relevant operator.
- You can call VIVA Customer Services at 102 to get detailed information on the charges applicable abroad.
Customers can now enjoy roaming in several International Networks:
VIVA customer can now roam within Thuraya Satellite coverage (You can use your VIVA SIM card in specific satellite handset with roaming mode). For more information on Thuraya coverage please visit the following website: http://www.thuraya.com/coverage-map
International Airspace Networks/ in-flights roaming
VIVA is now on-board with In-Flight Roaming Service to provide in-flight roaming to its customers with the use of their GSM phones.
VIVA has roaming contracts with two In-Flight partners: AeroMobile and OnAir networks. VIVA customers will be able to make and receive calls, send and receive SMS, data internet/ blackberry access (using GPRS, EDGE, and HSDPA) during the cruising phase of the flight (after take-off and before landing).
- Coverage within AeroMobile networks: Applicable on specific aircraft and selected flights of Emirates, Qantas, Turkish Airlines, Saudi Arabian Airlines and V Australia
- Coverage within OnAir networks: Applicable on specific aircraft and selected flights of British Airways, TAP Portugal, BMI, Ryan Air, Air Asia, Air Asia X, Kingfisher Airlines, Royal Jordanian, Jazeera Airways, Oman Air, Wataniya Airways, TAM, AirBlue, and Qatar Airways
International Waters Networks such as within MCP and Seanet coverage
Services You Can Use Abroad
With VIVA, you can use GPRS in more than 115 countries. If the operator which provides WAP and GPRS services to you when you are abroad also supports these services, you can continue to use these services without needing any new settings.
EDGE (Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution) is a technology that provides high speed internet access and if the operator servicing you abroad supports it, you can get faster WAP/GPRS/INTERNET Services".
HSDPA (High Speed Data Package Access) is a technology that provides higher speed/ broadband internet access and if the operator servicing you abroad supports it, you can get faster WAP/GPRS/INTERNET Services".
- Send and receive e-mails.
- Reach information anytime, anywhere you want
- Save time, and by carrying your office with you everywhere, you can make your life much easier
- With just one device, you can meet your phone, SMS, WAP, internet and calendar needs.
In order to be able to use BlackBerry abroad, you need to activate your line for roaming. It is recommended to activate blackberry plan with unlimited blackberry roaming services (only applicable for data access using blackberry APN)
You can use your BlackBerry device abroad, in the coverage areas of the operators that has GPRS contract with VIVA.
Certain roaming partners of VIVA, allow you to access some short codes you use in Kuwait.
Where it is not possible, you will need to dial the long numbers of these services:
Checking Balance (pre-paid)
There is no difference between domestic and abroad usage of SMS service. If the number you will send the SMS to, belongs to an operator of another country, then you will need to enter the code of that country".
This service will allow VIVA prepaid customer to recharge their account using local recharge voucher overseas (currently available in STC Saudi Arabia
The following are terms and conditions:
- The promotions on the voucher cards are excluded, hence no promotional bonus applied
- The customers are allowed to recharge their accounts by using local voucher cards on condition that they are roaming supporting networks only (for this case is STC network in Saudi Arabia).
- The applicable rule regarding recharge denomination and validity period as below for recharge using STC SAWA Recharge Voucher:
STC Saudi Denominations
Using the Service:
- To Recharge: Customer may use USSD command by dial *155*vouchercode#
- Balance Inquiry: Customer may use USSD command by dial *555#
Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.
Albania, Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia, British Isles (Isle of Man), Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Finland. France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom and Ukraine.
Canada, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico, USA & Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, and Venezuela
Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Vietnam.
Satellite ,Cruise ship and In-flight roaming
Satellite ,Cruise ship and In-flight roaming: Satellites Networks (i.e Thuraya Satellite), International Airspace Networks (i.e Aero Mobile and On-Air), International Waters Networks (i.e MCP and Seanet).
Rest of the World
Azerbaijan, Cameroon, El Salvador, Gabon, Hungary, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Russia, Serbia & Montenegro, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uzbekistan, Yugoslavia, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Maldives, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Senegal, Seychelles, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Uganda Zambia, Zimbabwe, and all other countries and islands (Caribbean, South Pacific islands, etc) VIVA has roaming agreements with.